[FRIAM] on the obustness of globalism

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Thu Feb 2 11:45:33 EST 2017

Steve writes:

"I just hope he manages to do it without snapping off the masts and the wheelhouse, and then careens overboard before he sinks the entire ship, rats and all.  Maybe there IS an awesome, high-tech ship-of-state or ship-of-society just over the horizon or beyond the fog of culture-wars ready to sweep us up and jet us off into some unspecified utopian future, but I'm not seeing it."

I mean:  All they know is their canoe, and somehow even though they see all these other kinds of boats on the river, they can't imagine anything but huddling in the center of their little canoe in the wind and rain.  Fellow canoers, let us build vessels with shelter!   No, you say?

At some point some subset will build those vessels, but they'll call them arks.

Marcus