[FRIAM] SFI to Trump: The dangers of simplicity in a complex world

Gary Schiltz gary at naturesvisualarts.com
Mon Feb 6 13:49:52 EST 2017

It goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway - FRIAM, both the list and
the actual gathering at the "mothership" of Santa Fe - has always felt
welcoming. It's the only list I've stayed with since its inception. I don't
know if there are any SFI lurkers here, but there do seem to be a lot of
people who "used to" have some association with it rather than those who
are actively involved with it. I've no idea how much is due to a bit of
snobbery vs. just simply the fact that the list is open to such a wide
range of stuff that isn't interesting to folks interested purely in
complexity. I find it easy enough just to delete messages when I get too
overwhelmed, confident that they are archived so I can eventually look them
over.