[FRIAM] Complexity Science for (us) Dummies

Owen Densmore owen at backspaces.net
Mon Feb 6 22:56:16 EST 2017

As with most MOOCs and other on-line video courses, the trick is to choose
the right one.

Case in point. Guerin discovered a great linear algebra set of videos that
focus on visualization rather than core math .. not avoiding the math but
visualization first.
  Essence of linear algebra
  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZHQObOWTQDPD3MizzM2xVFitgF8hE_ab

For the more techie end of things, we found a great set for es6, the new
version of javascript that basically reinvents javascript .. its almost a
new language with backwards compatibility for "legacy".

It's an art to find the right material. I found one of the Complexity
Explorers that actually did a great job, both of explaining differential
equations, but also what they are good for.  All pretty much just with
algebra.

Nick can easily do these if so inclined.

   -- Owen