[FRIAM] loopiness (again)

glen ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 16:27:33 EST 2017

On 02/07/2017 01:17 PM, Marcus Daniels wrote:
> For a robot built on digital technology, sensor data would be quantized to bits, thus non face-to-face words.

I don't think so.  Proprioception is a critical type of sensor data, especially enteroception.  While it may seem like the robot's entire sensorimotor space can be flattened, I'm not convinced.  I even doubt the parallelism theorem (that any parallel computation can be perfectly simulated by a sequential one) when we're talking about _multiple_ processors interacting in a cross-trophic (time and space) way with each other and the environment.

To argue that all of what's inside can be adequately represented by what goes in or out (holographic principle) is fideistic.

--
☣ glen