[FRIAM] loopiness (again)

glen ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 16:48:41 EST 2017

Right.  But what you've done, here, is remove any lossy compression like what happens when humans [mis]identify with some demographic.  Your robots are sharing their information in some perfect sense.  And by doing that, you've _baked_ in the flattening.  Your compression is non-lossy.

And while I admit it may eventually be feasible to do such a thing (with robots), things don't generally happen that way.  Reality as far as we know it is satisficing, not optimizing.  So, we'll start with lossy compression as well as really faulty devices.  To go a bit further in my rhetoric, it's plausible that the lossy and faulty integration is necessary for robustness.  (Although I can't rely on it, I at least have Hewitt to cite: http://www.powells.com/book/inconsistency-robustness-9781848901599/61-1)

--
☣ glen