[FRIAM] more fun with AI

Russell Standish lists at hpcoders.com.au
Thu Feb 9 17:52:13 EST 2017

On Thu, Feb 09, 2017 at 05:20:58PM -0500, Roger Critchlow wrote:
> Okay, this one got published in Science today,
> https://arxiv.org/abs/1606.02318, they solve an n-body quantum wave
> function with artificial neural nets, they earned two separate commentary
> articles:

How interesting! I have downloaded this for later perusal. I have long
thought there is some intimate connection between the structure of
brains and the projection operator. If they're able to determine the
ground state from a n-body quantum state efficiently using a
brain-like structure, then this strongly hints at that
connection. Although, I'm sure they don't say so in the article, I
couldn't imagine Science publishing such airy-fairy stuff.

Cheers

Dr Russell Standish                    Phone 0425 253119 (mobile)
Principal, High Performance Coders
Visiting Senior Research Fellow        hpcoder at hpcoders.com.au
Economics, Kingston University         http://www.hpcoders.com.au