[FRIAM] FW: Fractal discussion Landscape-bird songs

Vladimyr Burachynsky vburach at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 21 20:45:25 EST 2017

Thanks for the structure of thought .

So am I an Iconoclast because I am all too aware of the misuse of Icons ( simulations). I taught FEM and CAD and

saw puzzlement on the, soon to be, engineers faces. I have watched engineers sneak out of the lecture hall when I started showing slides of

summation of stacked matrices flying across the screen.

So this alludes to a possible intrinsic Tautology or Loopiness in our brains. The representation is conflated with the speculative but unknown reality (since it is never completely understood anyway) Switching from one state to the other might be called metaphysical thinking. A wonderful source of confusion.

Being totally immersed in a computer game might be said to be in the groove but when one man fights another and we call that being in the groove then are we conflating two models. If one is slaughtering the enemies on a game platform one can say he is free of ethics or morality. When Bruce Lee does the same on film

many thought it real. but those who actually fought in life knew it was BS on  constrained/elevated ropes.

If the  mirror neurons discussed at length do as described then they must occupy configurations near identical to neurons trained by self discovery (learning)

Then actual differentiation would seem very difficult.

I have a daughter  formally trained as a M.Sc. BioMedical Artist and we used to argue about symbolic thinking , she pro and I con. But the strangest part is that I am also or was considered a fair artist and illustrator for a time. Indeed I use symbols very well but mistrust others with lesser skill. Yet the most skillful are the most dangerous at least in engineering. She would regularly remark that I sketched in perspective complex machinery that did not yet exist and then built the working prototypes. Nothing elegant but functional. She claimed only to draw what already  really existed dead or alive, I always thought those arguments were small expeditions into some form of knowledge about human thinking. She thought otherwise unfortunately, but I have never had the fortune to meet another with her combination of talents.  Somewhere in this quasi-church may be others lurking in the shadows.

I admit to being a rather visual thinker so data visualization is my hobby now. And understanding Normal People, since they are so many...

Perhaps this is not exactly the correct thread but miss the song of larks on the prairie fields. A few notes brings back so many memories and the smells

of clover and honey.

vib