[FRIAM] FW: Fractal discussion Landscape-bird songs

┣glen┫ gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 09:52:05 EST 2017

I think I anticipated your backhanded strike. >8^D  I did this with my (badly mangled) reference to (and skepticism about) the holographic principle ... or behaviorism in psychology ... or hidden markov models ... or state space reconstruction methods ... or by any of a huge number of other symbols.

A many to one projection from a complicated space to a simple space _facilitates_ shared delusion because it makes the complicated things _seem_ similar even though they're not.  That is what explains your shared delusions like Shazaam.  It's a mistake to infer that the complicated spaces (the deluded people's minds/brains/bodies/culture) are the same just because their projections (the things they say and do) are the same.

Although you're invocation of Occam's razor seems appropriate, your assertion (similarities in the low dimension space are caused by similarities in the high dimension space) is not the simplest explanation at all.  The simplest explanation is the one identified in that paper about the fractal dimension of Rorcshach blots (still on topic!) and that identified by Lakoff about Trump's language.  A medium with low dimension allows the high dimension participants to "fill in the gaps".

--
␦glen?