[FRIAM] scraping a web site

Nick Thompson nickthompson at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 3 23:49:45 EST 2017

Dear Phellow Phriammers,

I am in the uncomfortable position of being bound by threads of steel to
Earthlink.  Many, MANY, years I go I started a website on Earthlink,
{http://home.earthlink.net/~nickthompson/naturaldesigns/

}, and put a lot of my writing, and some commentary up on it.  The website
creation and editing medium (trellix) was pretty good for its time, and
there are many ways that I find the site quite satisfying.  But gradually
Earthlink has withdrawn its support, and now I am not sure I could get in to
edit or change it.  Meantime, Research Gate has gotten started, and provides
a somewhat better place to meet the world and archive my stuff.  And also,
having the site on earthlink binds me to them and their 22 dollar a month
fee.  So. .

I am wondering if there is a way (or a service that would) scrape the
website and, possibly, dump it into a new and more reliable, more website
creation medium?  Please, ambulatory knowledge only.  I don't want a people
doing deep searches to answer this  question .

Thanks, as always .

Nick

Nicholas S. Thompson