[FRIAM] scraping a web site

Owen Densmore owen at backspaces.net
Wed Jan 4 14:15:36 EST 2017

Hi Nick, glad you recovered your site.

In terms of going forward, there are lots of changes in the blog-o-sphere.
Two things to consider:

1 - Content: I.e. what do you want your site to be? Is it mainly "static
pages" or does it need bells and whistles like wordpress or other CMS's
(Content Management Systems) supply. You might consider Markdown rather
than an HTML editor. It is a simple text format that uses a specific format
to build pages.

2 - Deployment: I.e. how do you get it into the sky! Hosting services are a
dime a dozen and many of them are OK. They are fairly easy to use via a
"dashboard". There are several free stunts too, like github pages, zeit
now, medium.com and so on.

The latter free sites generally solve both issues but then you have to play
their game.