[FRIAM] scraping a web site

Gary Schiltz gary at naturesvisualarts.com
Wed Jan 4 17:33:50 EST 2017

As if Nick's head isn't already spinning from all the advice, one thing I
would mention is just how big a share of web access these days is via
mobile devices, i.e. smartphones and tablets. According to some
(reputable?) sources, glean from a single Google search, mobile use has
overtaken desktop use (desktop includes laptops). If true, then is a good
idea to design new web sites with this in mind, and use a platform that
supports "responsive" design, where the platform detects the capabilities
of the user's browser and formats pages accordingly. I haven't dug into
Nick's site yet, so I don't how amenable the pages are to formatting for a
four inch screen :-)