[FRIAM] scraping a web site

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Wed Jan 4 17:44:22 EST 2017

Yes, I’d usually use my phone for reading if it weren’t for the paywall boundaries.  If someone insists on forcing a PDF on me, fine, but it is so much faster to find things with HTML than tortured LaTeX output.  And minimize the damned JavaScript gumming everything up.  Simple declarative content.   Actual printouts are just a way to get more screen real estate than I have when I’m trying to learn something new.