[FRIAM] Hope or Despair

Owen Densmore owen at backspaces.net
Sat Jan 7 12:31:02 EST 2017

Clearly you need to attend to Kissinger and Bremmer.

In terms of Russia, Kissinger's analysis of the Nation State suggests we
have been far too shallow. There are very good reasons for the Russian
people to feel exposed by the west's encroachment, and why they approve of
Putin to the degree they do.

Trump is no threat. I personally have not given up even one of my 25 Damns
over him. Any threatened Rape and Pillage will likely just cause another
economic implosion which we survived pretty well.

I am curious, however, which of Bremmers 3 Americas Trump tends to, or what
blend of the three. And what Trump thinks of Kissinger's recent defense of
the nation state .. I know Kissinger is meeting with Trump.

Presidential politics are unique. Presidential historians agree that,
whatever a president has promised, he/she is always formed by unexpected,
exogenous events. At a guess, they will be foreign affairs in Trump's case.
I hope he takes the MoneyBall stance.

   -- Owen