[FRIAM] Hope or Despair

John Dobson jmdobson9 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 13:41:42 EST 2017

My son who works for Google explained why the tech CEOs met with Trump.
The general rule out there is that you always "take the meeting."  Taking
the meeting in no way obligates you to do anything as a result of the
meeting, but it does give you more information about the topics discussed
at the meeting.  In his view, this was a smart thing to do for the techies,
but it is hardly surprising that they were not overly gruntled about the
conclave.  So your comment about them resembling Ring-wraiths is spot on.
But it certainly does not mean that the meeting represented any sort of
endorsement of the Donald.