[FRIAM] InformedElectorate (= votethewill.com)

Nick Thompson nickthompson at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 26 00:09:31 EST 2017

Hi, everybody,

I have been pestered by an organization called InformedElectorate asking me
if I want to join a group of a half million people who will be regularly
surveyed on important questions of the day.  They use a very odd system of
semi-robocalls.  On the first call, I said, sure why not?  ON the second
call  they blasted me with an screed for a donation of 25 dollars to cover
the “large expenses” of their effort.  If I weren’t such an old Yankee
skinflint, I might have gone for it.  But it began to seem to me that for
12.5 million dollars forms the basis for a mighty good business plan.  I am
trying to confirm that it is a scam, but until that time, I thought I would
alert you all.  FWIW, they made scambusters.

Now, you’re all going to write back telling me that OF COURSE it’s a scam;
why am I so late to the party?

Signed,

Your Naïve Old Yankee Skinflint.

Nicholas S. Thompson