[FRIAM] Globalism in the age of populism? .. & Open Source Software

Frank Wimberly wimberly3 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 17:20:44 EST 2017

Well, this isn't physics or math so any assertion is ambiguous, complicated
and uncertain. But...Introversion is often caused by grandiose or
exhibitionistic impulses.  Once I saw a TV interview in which Barbra
Streisand claimed to be a shy introvert.  (That's the correct spelling of
her name). To the extent that I understand it, and very oversimplified,
Narcissistic Personality Disorder is caused by failure of the parents to
validate a child's authentic self.  For instance, imagine a three
year-old's mother says, "He's a ladies' man like his daddy".  First, he's
not a man and the only lady he cares about is his mommy.  He feels lonely,
empty, and much dissonance between what he is and what his parent(s) say(s)
he is.

Disclaimer: I read a handful of books on this and related topics.  I took
one course at the Pittsburgh Psychoanalytic Institute on "Psychoanalysis
and Literature".  I had many conversations with residents, psychiatrists,
and psychoanalysts when I worked in the Research Center in Child Psychiatry
at the University of Pittsburgh.  This is far from being educated in the
field.

Frank Wimberly
Phone (505) 670-9918