[FRIAM] Globalism in the age of populism? .. & Open Source Software

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Sat Jan 28 00:56:01 EST 2017

Vladimyr writes:

< So I cause confusion only because I do not fit into any well established classification system. I bring this up because my experience in life defies most systems which you are attempting to tease apart. Trump may well be a Narcissist and deluded in some traditional manner. That only suggests he will make a mistake and run into someone he has no idea even exists. >

One might imagine that people in a failing town would leave that town.  Or that they'd give up on the city councils and school boards and instead focus on paying their bills and keeping their family together.   But what can happen as governance disintegrates, is that a new species enters.   I called that species an alpha, but you are right, it is a vague term.  This person was *not* an alpha when things were going well, no, they were at the local tavern grousing about things with their other loser friends.  It's only when things start to get untenable for the town does this creature decide it is safe to come out in the light.   The creature seeks souls which can be captured.   He may start with a desperate woman who has no hope for her life and takes her as a wife.   Sometimes several creatures will rally together in order force out people that *are* making the local institutions work.  And you guessed it, the people to force out are the snobs, know-it-alls, and (now) `elites'.   And it is not unheard of that the creature manages to mature into the middle class and become a `respected' member of the community.  They reproduce, and the cycle continues.

Donald Trump and Steve Bannon intuitively understood these angry men and how to make them come out in the light.   They all rely on fear and derangement and have no hope of maintaining power without making it proliferate.

Marcus