[FRIAM] Globalism in the age of populism? .. & Open Source Software

Vladimyr Burachynsky vburach at shaw.ca
Sat Jan 28 02:13:18 EST 2017

Marcus ,

You are quite correct and describe the Hitler type quite well. I never
agreed with some of the Nuremberg trial conclusions that wished to attribute
all the sins of
Nazi Germany on a few maniacs. The truth was that the Germans knew quite
well what was happening.
The arrival of skinheads fascists brown shirts black shirts en masse
presumes something is disturbingly out of whack in the modern world.

Add to this the foolish lout who starts trouble when emboldened by the
hysterical cries of his new girl friend. That is time to clear out before an
irate man hitches his D9 bulldozer to the main structural post of a shabby
drinking hole.

When the German women of Cologne Germany claimed to have been groped in a
New Year's crowd I expected serious violence,  thankfully cooler heads
prevailed.

These type of Alpha males are just  a minor part of the problem and will
never start a revolt, that requires too much effort. When I was much younger
I played around with this very boring but predictable type. I saw that
others also tried to meddle with them for other reasons. but they were well
protected. Hard to remove. They hung on to local power like ticks on a dog.
They feed off of fools that believe. They gain trust only so they may betray
others for a trifle. So today Chevrolet announced a factory in Canada was
being shut down and moved to Mexico. That is not the way to make friends. I
suppose there will be many hot heads emerging  now.
So we can assume NAFTA is now dead and awaiting only a funeral. GM probably
arranged this just to spite Trump and cared nothing about friendship.
Someone in GM  thinks they can excuse this as a misunderstanding . They are
starting a fire.

they. GM.  think they are protected but by who... That's the mystery. I
suspect GM will throw someone under the bus. The mystery group is not going
to expose itself at this point. I would not. It's too early.
vib