[FRIAM] [[Narcissism Again]again]

Pamela McCorduck pamela at well.com
Sun Jan 29 14:37:31 EST 2017

> On Jan 29, 2017, at 10:11 AM, Marcus Daniels <marcus at snoutfarm.com> wrote:
>
> Pamela writes:
>
> “Turkle suggests all kinds of times out from technology—dinner time, before bed, that sort of thing.”
>
> There’s conflict that is created between those people that use electronic communication non-stop for their work vs. those that don’t want to.   The former are essentially working more hours of the day.  All other things being equal, they have productivity advantage, especially for project management type tasks.

Ah well, I wonder. That “productivity” might be an illusion, the way old-fashioned face time was once thought to contribute to the illusion (manufactured for the boss) of hard work, though not itself useful. The human brain needs rest time. But I don’t know if productivity of those 24/7 workers has been measured in a sound, qualitative way.