[FRIAM] Globalism in the age of populism? .. & Open Source Software

Vladimyr Burachynsky vburach at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 30 21:46:22 EST 2017

Glen,

I was thinking this was my own obsession only. But the mind of the accuser is repeatedly presenting itself as more important
then any specific category. It runs through them all like a river.

I recall someone wishing to learn how to build sailboats and that person
thought I was born with such talents.  Somehow I restrained myself at the idiocy of such a statement.

As far as I knew all that I was born with was  appetite and the uncontrollable  instinct to void myself. Sailboats took 3 decades to master
The leaky guts and pipes only two years.  I started wondering why a man would attribute some extraordinary gift of birth  to another and resent me for it.
I have been accused of cheating at cards simply for having a memory of what was played and what was not. I have watched people after a big thunderous noise
automatically assert that they did nothing, even before the least effort at analysis of what just happened. So  the next action if it can be called that was to blame anyone near by and still deaf from the noise.

These accusers are generally not very quick witted and unreliable. There are too many to fight at once so learn to duck. Personally I treat them as being defective
and symbolic emotional thinkers.
Perhaps these categories are misleading and what is going on is much more primitive, deeper into a kind of pre-social tribal mind set. Accessible only through fear.

vib
that was a useful exchange on a serious problem.
But what intrigues me is how your letter ended up in my Junk folder.
Lucky I found it.