[FRIAM] Globalism in the age of populism? .. & Open Source Software

Owen Densmore owen at backspaces.net
Mon Jan 30 22:32:47 EST 2017

Does anyone have an opinion on the OP:
  Globalism in the age of populism? .. & Open Source Software

.. which really is about that it's too late for populism, nationalism,
isolationism to overcome what is already around us? We are far more global
than we think we are.

​How many of us are bilingual at least? Look at your "digital day" and ask
yourself just how, in so many ways, you've gone past ever going back.

My original example surprised me when I discovered just how many global,
non-US dominant open source software movements I'm involved in. My interest
was in how many similar cases of globalism occur outside of my domain.

So even though there are 10 (OP) huge forces against globalism, they simply
cannot overcome where we are, we're past the tipping point. Certainly in
software.

And you?

   -- Owen​