[FRIAM] the woman behind the woman

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Mon Jun 5 14:18:41 EDT 2017

Hmm.  I think "The Mind" will still be present at universities, and it will be mocking "The Hive" while being relatively uninvolved.   I don't object to the stumbling but I do object to driving the time window of performance down toward zero and toward an audience that has an unsophisticated way of judging things.   "Did you make a pretty web page?   Yes or no?"   In contrast a lab (or a computer enthusiast group) develops a more complex and nuanced gestalt.  It's a question of what kind of people are driving the field forward.   I think the field is much richer now, but is in the hands of a less diverse and less engaged class of drivers.   Maybe that is just "Get off my lawn!" or endless Gore Vidal type whining.  I don't know.