[FRIAM] IS: Does Complexity have a circularity problem WAS: Any non-biological complex systems?

┣glen┫ gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 11:05:47 EDT 2017

Because, as Steve rightly pointed out with that Joslyn paper, the point is the extent to which the system submits to ordering.  A strict hierarchy (levels, like I think EricS drew) submits to a total order, whereas a brranching hierarchy (still levels) submits to a partial order.  Graphs work, but not as analogy, per se ... more like exact representations.  The kinds of graphs I'd like to talk about don't (necessarily) submit to ordering, even partial ordering. (no levels) It would be more complete to say that any "ordering" would be more complicated than simple relations like ≥ or ≤.

--
␦glen?