[FRIAM] tools, trollers, and language

glen ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 17:21:50 EDT 2017

On 06/12/2017 02:03 PM, Nick Thompson wrote:
> What you are calling "levels" I am calling "cross sections"?

Yes, a cross section would be 1 level.

> And it is the partial arbitrariness of what one sees in a cross section that makes it less valuable than a layer.

Not quite.  What you see inside a cross section isn't as important as the fact that a cross section is _different_ from a hemispherical peeling.  But the important thing ... the MOST important thing is that a level is just a specific type of layer, whereas there are plenty of layers that are not levels.  I.e. layer is more generically applicable than level.

--
☣ glen