[FRIAM] All Your Them Are One Model To Us Learn

Merle Lefkoff merlelefkoff at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 11:56:29 EDT 2017

Wow, Roger.  I don't get all this, but tell me---does this change
everything for modelers?

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 9:39 AM, Roger Critchlow <rec at elf.org> wrote:

> Apropos my babbling about all patterns being patterns and all the
> mechanisms that recognize patterns being an incomprehensible jumble of
> mechanisms, Google shares One Model to Learn Them All,
> https://arxiv.org/abs/1706.05137, in which it turns out that throwing all
> the architectural elements from all kinds of deep learning into a single
> model ends up working pretty well.  Adding the recursive elements used to
> parse the linear sequences of elements in languages never hurts and mostly
> improves the performance of image classifiers and object recognizers.  Go
> figure.
>
> Found from https://venturebeat.com/2017/06/19/google-advances-ai-
> with-one-model-to-learn-them-all/amp/
>
> -- rec --

Merle Lefkoff, Ph.D.
President, Center for Emergent Diplomacy
emergentdiplomacy.org
Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA

Visiting Professor in Integrative Peacebuilding
Saint Paul University
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

merlelefkoff at gmail.com <merlelefoff at gmail.com>
mobile:  (303) 859-5609