[FRIAM] A million tech jobs unfilled

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Sat Mar 4 17:36:22 EST 2017

Owen writes:

“When I was hired breadth of knowledge, and ability to adapt was key. Now it's sorta a form of impatience. I suppose it is because technology has matured so much that you *can* search for more specific skills?”

IMO that impatience is a lack of interest in the work itself.
How do we (middle managers or HR) delegate this problem away, so we have a simple pattern matching procedure instead of having to think and know things about the problem domain.    A good reason to not hire someone is because they are shallow and dumb, not because they don’t have some narrow skill they could pick up in a week.

Marcus