[FRIAM] FW: Drinking Liberally

Steven A Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Tue Mar 14 20:58:35 EDT 2017

My (former) sister-in-law was a DNC organizer extra-ordinaire and when I
was in Berkeley (05, 06) she came out to do a dozen things including
showing up for a local Drinking Liberally meetup.

They happened to pick my favorite "biker bar" in SFo... "Zeitgeist"
which catered equally to gnarly Harley riders and even gnarlier bike
messengers.   I'd been there many times so I asked her why they picked
it, and she said it was he "hippest place" for her demographic.

Her demographic turned out to be mostly second-wave yuppies. They looked
*totally * out of place in their Izod shirts and slacks and loafers, but
there were enough of them to make their own bubble and the staff worked
hard to make them comfortable.

I'd love to see a "Gnarly Bikers against Trump" rally.