[FRIAM] Stock Market

Steven A Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Wed Mar 15 21:41:03 EDT 2017

I know this is pretty general or vague, and a redux of something I
already asked, but is there any collective wisdom in this crowd about
the soaring stock-market as *apparently* boosted by Trump's ascendancy?

It looks (naively) to me as if the portion of the market that is
climbing fastest is that which is most benefited by rolling back all
regulations and lighting up the extractive/exploitative industries
domestic as well as foreign.    On the other hand, the Tech sector is
soaring too, and it isn't as *conventionally* extractive or
exploitative, though I suppose it is even worse about offshoring than
heavier industry?

My utopian fantasy is that the Trumpian ascendency will lead to a
terrible crash of the "Titans", leaving a very few astute high tech
companies continuing to rise like an untethered balloon?  Seems like
disruptive/transformative industries might do well whether Trump and his
cronies hit a wall or not?   TSLA and their vision?   I can't tell if
AAPL has run it's course, it has done pretty well in spite of Jobs'
passing..

I'm not looking for stock tips here, just trying to read the writing on
the wall of this particular sector/subject?