[FRIAM] !RE: A million tech jobs unfilled

glen ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 17:58:50 EDT 2017

Yes, I would make the assumption you reject.  But Marcus probably agrees with you, hence his picking at the self-interested fiefdom-building issue.  Since I generally believe people try to do their best, any polymath not committed to their org would work their way out of that org as soon as feasible.  People are people, though, and experience forcing contexts on a regular basis.  So, it's obviously not binary.

Perhaps this is one place age (and other things like family) plays a significant role.  I'm not a polymath.  But when I was younger, I worked in places where I willingly devoted myself to a few (different, time-sliced) roles, working 60-80 hour weeks.  I'll never (be able to or want to) do that again.  If I'd had kids or hobbies, I wouldn't have done it then, either.

--
☣ glen