[FRIAM] organizations

Merle Lefkoff merlelefkoff at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 11:01:09 EDT 2017

Hey, Roger.  Any ideas for how to recruit 18F for the Revolution?  We need
all the "inside disrupters" we can get!

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 8:48 AM, Roger Critchlow <rec at elf.org> wrote:

> I think you're overstating the hazard here.  For ordinary people, with
> ordinary management, attempting to complete an ordinary software project,
> let them scrum and they'll do better than they will with an ordinary tyrant
> micromanaging the project.  If you have a heroic software problem and a
> budget appropriate to the problem, then by all means bring in the big guns
> and do trial by technical criticism.  But even then, there are standards of
> conduct that are understood to apply.   Coming into the meetings like
> Donald Trump would make for an edgier debate than you're talking about, no?
>
> -- rec --
>
> On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 2:04 AM, Marcus Daniels <marcus at snoutfarm.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Two groups that start with the premise that the whole (a team) is more
>> than the sum of its parts and will FOREVER advocate social collaboration
>> tools and behavioral guidelines ad nauseam to make sure that the social but
>> otherwise ordinary team members will always be able to delay coherent
>> technical planning, or (worse!) edgy debates where any proposition could be
>> shown to be poorly motivated or false.

Merle Lefkoff, Ph.D.
President, Center for Emergent Diplomacy
emergentdiplomacy.org
Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA

Visiting Professor in Integrative Peacebuilding
Saint Paul University
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

merlelefkoff at gmail.com <merlelefoff at gmail.com>
mobile:  (303) 859-5609