[FRIAM] the arc of ai (was Re: Whew!)

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Fri May 5 00:56:39 EDT 2017

The remarks of Carne Ross are worth a listen.  For example the linked interview with Bill Moyer's.   I haven't read his book.

He still can't seem to get away from the diplomacy thing because I'd summarize it as "You whiners should really take some responsibility for yourselves."

http://www.carneross.com/about

To the extent I disagree with him it is because people won't take responsibility.  So they get what they get, that's just the nature of things.

It's never been clear to me how the nonviolence thing is supposed to work.   As technology advances and if governmental controls weaken, the instruments of force will become easier to acquire.  It seems silly to think it won't be used even if 99% of the population won't support organizations that use it.

Marcus