[FRIAM] the arc of ai (was Re: Whew!)

Steven A Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Fri May 5 17:29:09 EDT 2017

Marcus -

I personally am a fan of "late binding" in natural language.  If I defer
it too late, it can get me in trouble... Trump got a lot of slack from
me along the way because of this.   I can't tell if "Trump is clever to
observe that people ... " or his pattern matching skills lead him to
realize that between (many) people's natural deference to power and his
active use of ambiguity in language lead to a LOT of people ranging from
"giving him the benefit of the doubt" and "actively imputing beliefs or
capabilities to him that he patently does not hold".

It is probably obvious from my presence in this general discussion that
*I TOO* am avoiding an unpleasant task or two. Mine are perhaps more
mundane than your own.

- Steve