[FRIAM] Google and Winders heads up

Gillian Densmore gil.densmore at gmail.com
Tue May 16 14:37:15 EDT 2017

Google Chat
Just as a heads up google's been notifying me and likely others their
giving their basic chat thing the boot for hangouts. With that is coming
some anoying and possibly bad changes. I have two emails. This one and one
I use to sign up for forums so as to manage spam.  I've noticed for a while
if I sign into my spam aholery acount I show up as that handle. For some
that might be awkward.

Windows rant;
Screw force updates with features meant for a phone or tablet. I am not on
either. I do not like force updates, at all. The features may simply not
work and I for one want to hold off on feature creep. I for one like to opt
out of beta quality updates and think it's a bit  weird, and anoying for it
to ask (I kid you not): Do you want us to improve your wireless by knowing
where you are?
(I'm on a desktop why would that even apply to me)

Do you want this beta feature now? (no) Are you sure (yes) why (Because
it's beta. let me know when you have the gremlins sorted out.)
(=Are you REEELy sure we can shedule a time that's better (me that'd
be...never as force udpdates to beta quality bugy features is what your
skunks are for.)