[FRIAM] Get ready for Blockchain

Gillian Densmore gil.densmore at gmail.com
Thu May 18 13:00:29 EDT 2017

As an example where it's used for games:
https://thenextweb.com/gaming/2017/03/07/blockchain-deals-gaming-industrys-troubles/

https://www.google.com/#q=how+blockchain+works

>From what I gather, someone who works with it by all meen step in:
A bunch someone asks a lot of dwarfs that work reely reeely fast for help
offering beer if they all agree.  Well if one of the dwarfs says are you
sure the cart heading to ank mork pork we just saw was red. The others can
check double check their notes reely reely quickly to make sure they did
see a red cart carying beer to Mor Pork.
Well they work reely fast and get their budies together to help do someone
sort out their house and paint a door then go out for beer.  Because they
kept reely good notes for their buddies when some else comes along to mugle
up the nice house they built and painted  you the person asking for that
chain (dwarfs in this bad analogy)
And (at least how I understand it) since many blockchain compatible tools
also use Kaza and  or other kinds of P2P  tech when (or if) something goes
wrong all the dwarfs can check their notes. As you know from being an
advocate of (then P2P) and called cloud now  Everyone in the chain gets a
copy of the notes some dwarfs can read the building blue prints

This can be reely reeely good.
As a gamer when game studios (looking at you Sony and Blizzard) were early
adopters of BlockChain and in their case P2P stunts it means that for
example if I buy game on steam behind the scenes Steam asks lots and lots
of dwarfs for where I amd builds the game (Portal ) on my computer. So what
if I want to install it on other computer?

Forunatly Valves answer was that's fine you payed for Portal already No
problem! Here's some reading glasses (a key) to prove this is your acount.

At that time it was very much beta. However earlier this year Amazon at one
of their summets anounced their Delta system that uses a BlockChain stunt.
I have no idea how it works. It somehow lets someone borrow spare bits and
free cycle on their entire cloud for everything from distrubuted backup and
weby-web page or app building and testing. To rendering 3D scenes in the
new transformer movie.

Like other beta techs their's snags. Forunatly Valve's answer for avoid
(some) snags is asking me for a new email adress and password since the one
I put in wasn't working.
In the case of Amazon's e-book system though it's not that straitforward
(or wasn't when I needed to download it to my lap top last year)

Email wise some companies are trying out InThebrowser Email with blockchain
tech for incryption.
https://protonmail.com/

https://www.hushmail.com/

Their's probably some weird obscure way to get through their incryption
and   Dad, you know you don't have to always "put a book on the table hope
my youngest (me) geeks out on it" you can just ask ya know! I know you're
about 4E or 1001110...but reely? a stunt you tried when you were
about 100011 between jobs since Apple had some pretty (in)Famous drama....