[FRIAM] Get ready for Blockchain

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Tue May 23 17:01:00 EDT 2017

The concept of a secure distributed ledger (e.g. blockchain) doesn't itself really imply a political motive.
Comey has talked about the dangers of encryption (iPhone) to governance and law enforcement.   And there was the attempts at making the Clipper chip back in the 90s.   There are always going to people that double-down on exercise of centralized, privileged access & power as the only real solution.   Alternatively, one can entertain the possibility that governance can fail catastrophically.    Not necessarily due to any malice or corruption of leaders, but simply because millions of people have growing & irreconcilable differences.    If you find yourself on the losing end of that, then what?   Tools like cryptocurrency help to limit power of any organization.   In doing so, they facilitate crime and carry other risks.    There's no free lunch.