[FRIAM] Any non-biological complex systems?

Stephen Guerin stephen.guerin at simtable.com
Fri May 26 11:11:54 EDT 2017

> *Marcos writes*
> The Ising model is just a model, however.

My example was the *physical phenomena* of ferromagnetism not the Ising
model that describes it. Eg heat up a physical magnet past its critical
point (Curie temperature) and the metal loses its alignment/magnetic
polarity as a collective property. from wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curie_temperature:
[image: Inline image 1]

That said, I am also interested in studying computational agent-based
systems as complex systems without the need to tie them to systems in the
"real-world".
Stephen.Guerin at Simtable.com <stephen.guerin at simtable.com>
CEO, Simtable  http://www.simtable.com
1600 Lena St #D1, Santa Fe, NM 87505
office: (505)995-0206 mobile: (505)577-5828
twitter: @simtable