[FRIAM] Any non-biological complex systems?

Steven A Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Fri May 26 20:19:54 EDT 2017

Frank -

That is a sweet thing to share with us.  I enjoyed the implications of
it when I first noticed it rendered as a symbol vague or ambiguous
(intentionally or not) as it is.   I'm sure hearing it blurted out by a
machine voice just adds another level of fun for me.  I helps that he
seemed to add that to his e-mail addy just as I was building a large
circular garden with labarynthine paths in a pattern suggestive of a
biohazard symbol..  This was in honor of my daughter who is a molecular
biologist planning to get married in said garden.

I think the current discussion that Russ provoked (on his way out the
door for vacation?!!) has been a good one in the sense of my own whining
that there was not more actual discussion of Complexity on this list.
Especially auspicious when someone can get Stephen to weigh in so
seriously.

- Steve