[FRIAM] Doxastic logic - Wikipedia

gⅼеɳ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 20:00:30 EDT 2017

On 09/21/2017 04:50 PM, Nick Thompson wrote:
> Well, answering in the sophistic manner, because logically speaking, acting tentatively affirms tentativeness.

You seem to forget that there are many types of logic, paraconsistent, defeasible, higher order, etc.

> Is it possible (can you give me an example) of a contradictory ACTION.

Yes, of course.  E.g. Since most of my actions involve very tight feedback loops, something like tossing a ball to a friend can be launched and then I can make attempts to abort it if, say, I notice the friend has looked away.  Since I would claim that all actions are actually temporally extended processes rather than quantum events, I would claim that MOST actions involve branches and many branches can be reached from other branches.  So, not only are they branched, but many of the branches don't "contradict" the other branches.

--
☣ gⅼеɳ