[FRIAM] virtualized public IPs

Gary Schiltz gary at naturesvisualarts.com
Wed Aug 22 08:58:25 EDT 2018

I struggled for years with a proprietary product called Hamachi (
http://vpn.net - a "zero config" "hole punching" VPN). It worked more or
less well to connect computers behind restrictive firewalls, but the Linux
version was in perpetual beta for years. Once the company and software were
bought by Logmein, it seems to be pretty well abandoned. I found an
actively developed, well supported open source alternative called Zero Tier
(https://github.com/zerotier/ZeroTierOne). I don't know if it will suit
you, but it works perfectly for my needs.