[FRIAM] two books (perhaps a bit more)

lrudolph at meganet.net lrudolph at meganet.net
Mon Dec 3 15:39:04 EST 2018

You might also enjoy his "The Nature of the Chemical Bond".  I acquired my
copy an age or two ago from The Library of Science (remember that???) but
only dipped into to it for the first time about 3 years ago.  The book's
contribution to the lucidity of my interaction it far exceeded mine,
unfortunately (I'm a mathematician who never took a course in physics, or
any lab science, after a disastrously poor high school course--although I
still managed somehow to learn, only one age ago, about the Legendre
polynomial/spherical harmonic relationship, not that I've ever had
occasion to make any use of it in my own work!), but even so I came away
with some curiosities satisfied, and I'm sure your experience would be
much better.