[FRIAM] Updated opioid figures

Robert Holmes robert at robertholmes.org
Sat Dec 8 17:44:06 EST 2018

Those of you who heard me going on at FRIAM about opioid death rates might
be interested in the plot below. It's the history of opioid death rates for
the 12 US counties that have the highest 3-year rates.

The plot includes the updated 2017 figures, which came out yesterday and
Rio Arriba is no longer at the top (I'd shared the 2016 version of this
plot with the Wedtech folks). Again, for me the most troubling aspect is
those counties with high rates and high populations. The impact of opioid
deaths there must be profound & I can't imagine how local services are
struggling to deal with this crisis.

I've got a longer discussion and the 2016 version of the plot on
robertholmes.org

[image: data_county_US_2017.png]