[FRIAM] Pondering the slang Adulting

Nick Thompson nickthompson at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 26 15:01:15 EST 2018

Owen,

I think this is a wonderful example of the coming together of  two meanings.  The idea of dangling some bait for some high=minded poor fool to bite, and the idea of lurking in a cave while doing it.  Language is less like a genealogy and more like the threads of a delta, where rivulets divide and reconverge.

Nick

Nicholas S. Thompson