[FRIAM] merging with the mob

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 14:08:24 EST 2018

I think both Occupy and the Tea Party, present challenges to your argument, here.  What about mobs *without* a "master equation"?  ... an, in principle, incompressibility? ... they don't generalize at all?  In either case, even the most coherent advocates failed in their descriptions of the "movements".  (Scare quotes used to indicate that the reason we use the word "movement" is precisely because these phenomena don't submit to coherent description.)

E.g. to me, much of what's happening, including the "not racist" racism emerging around migration is (stigmergically) arising from a more open-ended, high dimensional, multitude of threats.  Any comprehensive predicate for it would go way beyond all the individual silos (sociology, psychology, biology, etc.).  It would touch every layer-of-explanation (including explanation-ology).  It's possible that such a comprehension might be practically incomputable.  (Douglas Adams?)

It seems to me like you're claiming the comprehensions *always* exist and are, at least in principle, computable.

--
☣ uǝlƃ