[FRIAM] This is how the Japanese multiply. (Math, not biology)

Frank Wimberly wimberly3 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 00:16:59 EDT 2018

Some applied math is real math by my definition as is some CS.  Jon, Hywel
and I were reading Schutz on general relativity.  It was close to being
"real math"  but I was quite frustrated.  He talks a good deal about the
metric tensor but never really defines it.  As far as I can see it's
neither a metric nor a tensor according to the definitions I learned in
math classes.

Frank

Frank Wimberly

My memoir: