[FRIAM] Object-Oriented Ontology

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 13:24:25 EST 2018

I'm looking for something a little "harder" to dig into.  Harman, Bryant, Gratton: philosophy.  Morton: English. Bogost: media. Bennett: political theory.  Ennis: business philosophy (?).

Of these, Ennis seems the most likely to have *concrete* ideas of OOO, given his listed research interests (blockchain in particular).  But his work I've found so far is obtuse to me because of I'm philosophically incompetent.

I also found this:
  Reducers and other Cilk++ hyperobjects
  https://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1584017
which triggers my apophenia (not only because of Morton's "hyperobjects", but also our recent discussion of Rosen and the claim that his criticism of formal systems includes "deadlock").  But it seems to boil down to a (however interesting) categorization of ways to handle race conditions.

But I've always read slowly, attempting to fold what I read into my worldview as I read.  And now that I need reading glasses and forget more than I remember, I read even slower.  So, if anyone has any advice on a more targeted approach to concrete OOO, I'd appreciate it.

--
☣ uǝlƃ