[FRIAM] Complexity Returns to the Mother Church (or v.v?).

Nick Thompson nickthompson at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 13 15:58:16 EDT 2018

Geez, Robert.  You aren’t going to actually REMEMBER anything I said at FRIAM.  I count on the Geriatric Curtain of Forgetfullness.

His name was Donald Griffin <https://timikablalockdamr.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/animal-minds-by-donald-r-griffin.pdf> .  Many people will say that he ADVANCED ethology 50 years.  The bat work was good.  But he started showing up at ethology meetings telling us how to think about  animal consciousness, and that, on my account, as a behaviorist, was a VERY BAD THING.

It was great to see you again.  Mostly because you are you, but partly, I suppose, because of your British education, you have the capacity to hold ideas lightly and rotate them in our view, and that is a great talent to have at the table at FRIAM.

Nick

Nicholas S. Thompson

 <http://home.earthlink.net/~nickthompson/naturaldesigns/> http://home.earthlink.net/~nickthompson/naturaldesigns/