[FRIAM] do animals psychologize?

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 19:44:18 EDT 2018

Hm.  As usual, it depends on what you want to have happen, I suppose.  Educating a zealot who wants to kill everyone will only make them more capable of killing everyone.  If your desire is to avoid killing everyone, then the dogmatic group needs to be isolated or eliminated.  But my guess is that your (1) and (2) are never disjoint.  The isolation/elimination of the zealots is achieved, in part, through strong controls on the distribution of some kinds of info.  We do this, already in almost every arena ... even to the extent of putting good scientific content behind paywalls and/or restrictions on exporting "munitions" like encryption algorithms.

The choice is still one of intervene or don't.  I, perhaps sadly, can't shake my libertarianism, which tells me to avoid intervention where possible.  There is no worse crime against the world than over-intervention.

--
☣ uǝlƃ