[FRIAM] do animals psychologize?

Prof David West profwest at fastmail.fm
Mon Sep 17 18:17:31 EDT 2018

Hi Nick,

I don't recall saying trees feel no pain. I just said that movement was a poor indicator of the ability to feel pain  or the potential ability to feel pain.

For a host of reasons I would agree with you that neither trees nor humans "feel pain." That which we label pain (some kind of physiological stimulus-response) simply is. The label and the verb-label dyad are delusional overlays.

davew