[FRIAM] do animals psychologize?

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 12:01:49 EDT 2018

Same as it ever was.  Death is already *mostly* voluntary.  Anyone can commit suicide any time they want.  That the overwhelming majority of us *choose* not to is important.  The particular alternatives we continually choose to engage define us.  Would you rather ingest engineered cells?  Or perhaps (as I did) engineered antibodies?  I've long thought that the Singularity is metaphysical hooha; and generalized AI will arise through a merging of wet- with hard-ware ... chip in the brain before brain in the laptop, an evolution not a revolution.  So, programmatically controllable cells just seems like a natural step along the way ... much like the spittle bug's kidney and the built environments we all find surrounding us.

--
☣ uǝlƃ