[FRIAM] do animals psychologize?

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Fri Sep 21 13:55:28 EDT 2018

Just got bill at our house for a small bag of those engineered antibodies for a cool $90,000 US.   Things get more interesting when it is $900.
Technology does move that fast, e.g. this GPU comparison w.r.t. ray tracing.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/09/nvidia-rtx-2080-and-2080-ti-review-a-tale-of-two-very-expensive-graphics-cards/4/

On 9/21/18, 10:02 AM, "Friam on behalf of uǝlƃ ☣" <friam-bounces at redfish.com on behalf of gepropella at gmail.com> wrote:

    Same as it ever was.  Death is already *mostly* voluntary.  Anyone can commit suicide any time they want.  That the overwhelming majority of us *choose* not to is important.  The particular alternatives we continually choose to engage define us.  Would you rather ingest engineered cells?  Or perhaps (as I did) engineered antibodies?  I've long thought that the Singularity is metaphysical hooha; and generalized AI will arise through a merging of wet- with hard-ware ... chip in the brain before brain in the laptop, an evolution not a revolution.  So, programmatically controllable cells just seems like a natural step along the way ... much like the spittle bug's kidney and the built environments we all find surrounding us.

    --
    ☣ uǝlƃ